Re: [ADMIN] Syslog

От Jie Liang
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Syslog
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
I did everything as you did, however, when start the postmaster,
I got following:
FATAL 1:    'syslog' is not a valid option name.

Jie

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Conway [mailto:mail@joeconway.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2002 11:27 AM
To: Jie Liang
Cc: 'pgsql-admin@postgresql.org'; pgsql-sql
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Syslog

Jie Liang wrote:
> I did, it didn't work.
>
> Jie Liang

Works for me. Did you change postgresql.conf? Here's what mine looks like.

#
#       Syslog
#
# requires ENABLE_SYSLOG
syslog = 1                      # range 0-2
syslog_facility = 'LOCAL0'
syslog_ident = 'postgres'

 From the online docs:
SYSLOG (integer)

     PostgreSQL allows the use of syslog for logging. If this option is
set to 1, messages go both to syslog and the standard output. A setting
of 2 sends output only to syslog. (Some messages will still go to the
standard output/error.) The default is 0, which means syslog is off.
This option must be set at server start.

     To use syslog, the build of PostgreSQL must be configured with the
--enable-syslog option.

See:
http://www.ca.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.2/postgres/runtime-config.h
tml