Error on system startup

От Matthew M.Burke
Тема Error on system startup
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I am using postgresql 7.4.0 on Debian 3.0r2 (Woody) on an x86 box.  I'm
using the binary package from http://people.debian.org/~elphick/debian/

If I run the initscript from the command line:

invoke-rc.d postgresql start

it starts up just fine.  But when I reboot the system, it fails to
start and I get the following in the log:

FATAL:  XX000: failed to initialize lc_messages to ""
LOCATION:  InitializeGUCOptions, guc.c:1866

As soon as I have more than two minutes to spare, I'll write up and
post a bug report to the appropriate list, but I have a hunch that the
problem is a configuration issue---missing environment variable---and
was hoping someone might have some suggestions for a quick fix.

Thanks,

Matt