Re: Backup of database

От Andrew Krause
Тема Re: Backup of database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I highly recommend that you review the page in the PostgreSQL documentation for pg_dump before proceeding.   If this is
newto you, this page has all the information you should need to get started (including examples at the bottom).

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/app-pgdump.html

You don't need pgadmin on any of your server machines.  It's really just a nice to have GUI client for the database.  I
recommendusing psql if you're connecting with a shell.

On Nov 26, 2013, at 10:28 AM, joka veera Venkataramana <ramanajvv@gmail.com>
 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have Postgresql server on Linux environment and have one database.
> Now we are planning to take the dump of database with pg_dump utility.
>
> To use pg_dump utility do I need to install Pgadmin on Linux environment?
>
> If yes, do we need to install Pgadmin with root user? because Postgre server instance we have installed with
differentuser (not root user).

> We are planning to take daily database dump in tar file format, so that it can occupy less space. Can you please
providethe complete pg_dump and restore command for tar file format.

> I know all my questions are basic, why we are asking here is  previously we were in DB2 now we moved our database to
Postgre(Its new for us). Please help us.