Re: Fast backup/restore

От Vivek Khera
Тема Re: Fast backup/restore
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Oct 17, 2006, at 2:35 PM, Steve Poe wrote:

> Vivek,
>
> What methods of backup do you recommend for medium to large
> databases? In our example, we have a 20GB database and it takes 2
> hrs to load from a pg_dump file.

my largest db is about 60Gb with indexes.  reloading the data (about
30Gb) takes 1 hour from compressed format pg_dump, and another two to
reindex.

for increasing reload size, bump your checkpoint_segments to
something big, like 128 or 256 depending on how much disk space you
can spare for it.

Вложения