Re: A query planner that learns

От Rafal Pietrak
Тема Re: A query planner that learns
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2006-10-17 at 10:24 -0400, Madison Kelly wrote:
> Nor am I a lawyer, but I still hold that hoping "ignorance" will be a
> decent defense is very, very risky. In the end I am not a pgSQL
> developer so it isn't in my hands either way.

If I may.

The "hoping, ignorance will save you" line of defence is in fact very
very risky.

But "civil disobidience" is not. Well, it may be risky, but it is valid.

There is already strong support for the opinion (e.g. European battle
against software patents), that current patent/copyright regulations,
are devastating to inovations. And in fact contradict their 'intended
goal' - the stimulation of inovations.

At this point, there is no other way but to ignore such legislation - to
the point where we can: like, by not reading patent files. Be warrned,
when the law strikes back, you loose.

Calming down a little, I'd add, that this particular piece of 16'th
century law does not quite fit todays reality.

Just my 2c .... and I admit, it's not on the subject in subject :)

--
-R