Tail -f or watch for postgres

От Renato Oliveira
Тема Tail -f or watch for postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Dear all,

It may sounds crazy it may not sound so crazy.

I was here think are there any commands to watch new transactions rolling through the screen like a terminal monitor?

For example, if you want to watch a log file you can execute the command; tail –f <logfile> or watch.

This will keep the log entries rolling and being displayed on screen.

Is there something similar to postgreSQL?

Thank you very much

Best regards

Renato

Renato Oliveira
Systems Administrator
e-mail: renato.oliveira@grant.co.uk

Tel: +44 (0)1763 260811
Fax: +44 (0)1763 262410
www.grant.co.uk

Grant Instruments (Cambridge) Ltd

Company registered in England, registration number 658133

Registered office address:
29 Station Road,
Shepreth,
CAMBS SG8 6GB
UK

CONFIDENTIALITY: The information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential. It is intended only for the named recipients(s). If you are not the named recipient please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person or take copies.

VIRUSES: The contents of this e-mail or attachment(s) may contain viruses which could damage your own computer system. Whilst Grant Instruments (Cambridge) Ltd has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise this risk, we cannot accept liability for any damage which you sustain as a result of software viruses. You should therefore carry out your own virus checks before opening the attachment(s).

OpenXML: For information about the OpenXML file format in use within Grant Instruments please visit our website