Re: Migrate postgres to newer hardware

От Renato Oliveira
Тема Re: Migrate postgres to newer hardware
Дата
Re: Migrate postgres to newer hardware  (Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
Greg,

I am going to gather the figures about our database and I will email to the list, if I am allowed to.
Number of tables, number of transactions per day etc.

Nothing on our db servers are optimized, hardware wise, the db is on the same volume as logs as the os.
I know we have an IO problem because I have been checking it and it has been growing steadily.
We must migrate to newer and better optimized hardware.

Thank you again

Much appreciated.

Renato

Renato Oliveira
Systems Administrator
e-mail: renato.oliveira@grant.co.uk

Tel: +44 (0)1763 260811
Fax: +44 (0)1763 262410
http://www.grant.co.uk/

Grant Instruments (Cambridge) Ltd

Company registered in England, registration number 658133

Registered office address:
29 Station Road,
Shepreth,
CAMBS SG8 6GB