Re: Fwd: Reversing flow of WAL shipping

От David Jantzen
Тема Re: Fwd: Reversing flow of WAL shipping
Дата
Re: Fwd: Reversing flow of WAL shipping  ("Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov>)
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks for the quick response Joshua, much appreciated.  Is there any
way to avoid or minimize a period without a warm standby when I switch
to Server B for production?  What about rsyncing the data directory
from Server B to Server C after B goes live?

On Oct 22, 2009, at 9:42 AM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>>> Here's the question: when I turn Server B into the
>>> production/provider
>>> node, it's going to switch into the next timeline.  If I then
>>> attempt
>>> to put Server A (or Server C) into recovery mode, will it switch to
>>>
>>> the new current timeline, or complain about being in the older
>>> timeline?  Do I have to take another full backup of Server B after
>>> it's become the production/provider node?
>
> You will need to do a new base backup.
>
> Joshua D. Drake
>

>>> Thanks,
>>> David
>>>

> --
> PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor
> Command Prompt, Inc: http://www.commandprompt.com/ - 503.667.4564
> Consulting, Training, Support, Custom Development, Engineering
> If the world pushes look it in the eye and GRR. Then push back
> harder. - Salamander

Сообщение: Re: Fwd: Reversing flow of WAL shipping
Сообщение: Re: Fwd: Reversing flow of WAL shipping