Re: speed up a logical replica setup

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: speed up a logical replica setup
Дата
Re: speed up a logical replica setup  (Fabrízio de Royes Mello <fabriziomello@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 11.01.24 23:15, Euler Taveira wrote:
> A new tool called pg_subscriber can convert a physical replica into a
> logical replica. It runs on the target server and should be able to
> connect to the source server (publisher) and the target server (subscriber).

Can we have a discussion on the name?

I find the name pg_subscriber too general.

The replication/backup/recovery tools in PostgreSQL are usually named
along the lines of "verb - object".  (Otherwise, they would all be
called "pg_backup"??)  Moreover, "pg_subscriber" also sounds like the
name of the program that runs the subscriber itself, like what the
walreceiver does now.

Very early in this thread, someone mentioned the name
pg_create_subscriber, and of course there is pglogical_create_subscriber
as the historical predecessor.  Something along those lines seems better
to me.  Maybe there are other ideas.