Re: Starting postgres server on mac os x 10.6.8

От Scott Ribe
Тема Re: Starting postgres server on mac os x 10.6.8
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Feb 5, 2012, at 3:58 PM, Andrew Barinov wrote:

> I got it from here: http://www.postgresql.org/download/macosx/

Ah, those are all external to the postgres web site.

> I found the log file (the location is set inside of pgAdmin), it turns
> out my pg_hba.conf file had improper permissions set (postgres was
> being denied access). Thanks for pointing me to the right direction!

Glad you found it. I would *never* have thought of looking for pgAdmin, since that also is an external project and I've
neverused and would have had no idea that your install had it.

These "easy" installer to "help" Mac users are kind of a mixed bag; it may be nice to not have to understand as much
UNIX& pg to start, but then if anything goes wrong, you're kind of lost.

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com