Re: FW: max_connections and shared_buffers

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: FW: max_connections and shared_buffers
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Scott Marlowe" <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> writes:
> Not sure with Windows.  I'm strictly a unix type of guy.  I'm guessing
> that Windows is detecting too many connections / out of memory and
> shutting down the service.

The whole thing is pretty strange.  "received fast shutdown request"
means that the postmaster got SIGINT --- a moment's look at the code
proves there is no other possibility.  Now what sent it SIGINT?
AFAICS there are only two possible paths: "pg_ctl stop -m fast" or
this little bit of code in win32/signal.c:

/* Console control handler will execute on a thread created
   by the OS at the time of invocation */
static BOOL WINAPI
pg_console_handler(DWORD dwCtrlType)
{
    if (dwCtrlType == CTRL_C_EVENT ||
        dwCtrlType == CTRL_BREAK_EVENT ||
        dwCtrlType == CTRL_CLOSE_EVENT ||
        dwCtrlType == CTRL_SHUTDOWN_EVENT)
    {
        pg_queue_signal(SIGINT);
        return TRUE;
    }
    return FALSE;
}

Can any Windows hackers speculate on causes of this?