Rather large Postgres directory

От william pink
Тема Rather large Postgres directory
Дата
Re: Rather large Postgres directory  (Michael Monnerie <michael.monnerie@is.it-management.at>)
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

Unfortuneatly the partition that has the Postgres DB has filled up beause of files in the Postgres directory. this partition is 85GB

I tried using Table space to point it at a new partition so I did

exampledb=# CREATE TABLESPACE fastspace LOCATION '/var/example/postgres';

which didn't work so I did

example=# SET default_tablespace = fastspace;

but that still didn't work

I also tried VACUUM FULL; last night but this hasn't freed up any space, the offending files are under /var/databases/8.1/main/base/2832253#

and the files inside the directory look like

 2833195  2836410  2912054  2937747    3463991
2832506

and there a awful lot of them (85G to be precise) This database server serves our legacy web infrstructure to put things into perspective our current production database (Mysql) is 4.7G so I can't imagine our old database would be 85G!, I presume it just requires a bit of a clean up but im not sure where to start apart from the VACUUM,

As you probaly can tell I haven't got much experiene with Postgres so any help would be great

Thanks,
Will