Re: drive failre, corrupt data...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: drive failre, corrupt data...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jeff Amiel <becauseimjeff@yahoo.com> writes:
> ran fsck

> PARTIALLY TRUNCATED INODE I=612353
> SALVAGE? yes

> INCORRECT BLOCK COUNT I=612353 (544 should be 416)
> CORRECT? yes

> root@back-app-1# find /db -inum 612353
> /db/pg_clog/0952

Yech.  So much for RAID reliability ... maybe you need to reconfigure
the array for more redundancy?

> So....am I screwed here...just I just re-init-db and restore the entire kit and kaboodle from scratch?

Given that it's just a backup machine, it's probably not worth heroics
to try to recover.  I'm not sure that you could trust any data you got
out of it, anyway --- corrupted pg_clog is likely to lead to
inconsistency in the form of partially-applied transactions, which can
be hard to detect.