Re: WIP: default values for function parameters

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: WIP: default values for function parameters
Дата
Re: WIP: default values for function parameters  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Re: WIP: default values for function parameters  ("Asko Oja" <ascoja@gmail.com>)
Re: WIP: default values for function parameters  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org> writes:
> On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 10:06:30AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Hmm ... actually, ecpg might be a problem here anyway.  I know it has
>> special meaning for :name, but does it allow space between the colon
>> and the name?  If it does then the colon syntax loses.  If it doesn't

> No. Here's the lexer rule:
> <SQL>:{identifier}((("->"|\.){identifier})|(\[{array}\]))*
> No space possible between ":"  and {identifier}.

Excellent.  I checked that psql's colon-variable feature behaves the
same.  So it looks like the proposed "name: value" syntax would indeed
not break any existing features.  Barring better ideas I think we should
go with that one.

Сообщение: Re: benchmarking the query planner
Сообщение: Re: benchmarking the query planner