Re: DB2-style INS/UPD/DEL RETURNING

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: DB2-style INS/UPD/DEL RETURNING
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
One of the purposes of this as I understand it is to allow clients to
get back the generated key(s). I don't see enough of the syntax to
see if this is possible with the DB2 syntax below.

Dave
On 12-Mar-06, at 11:11 AM, Jonah H. Harris wrote:

> I was talking with Jonathan Gennick about the INS/UPD/DEL RETURNING
> stuff, and he recommended looking into the way DB2 handles similar
> functionality.  After looking into it a bit, it's more inline with
> what Tom's suggestion was regarding a query from the operation
> rather than returning the values in the manner currently required.
>
> Here's DB2's syntax... does anyone have any familiarity with it?
>
> Simply put, it's sort-of like:
>
> SELECT * FROM (FINAL | NEW | OLD) TABLE (INSERT | UPDATE | DELETE)
>
> I'd like to hear from anyone that's used it to see if it really is
> better... logically it seems nicer, but I've never used it.
>
> --
> Jonah H. Harris, Database Internals Architect
> EnterpriseDB Corporation
> 732.331.1324

Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] Hanging queries on dual CPU windows
Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] Hanging queries on dual CPU windows