Re: [PERFORM] Hanging queries on dual CPU windows

От Jan de Visser
Тема Re: [PERFORM] Hanging queries on dual CPU windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Monday 13 March 2006 09:26, Jan de Visser wrote:
> On Sunday 12 March 2006 09:40, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > Looking a my system while testing this it still loooked like it was
> > hanging on that plac ein the code, even though I saw no problems. So I'm
> > not convinced we can actually trust the stacktrace from the non-default
> > threads. So I don't think this patch will actually work :-( But it's
> > worth a try.
>
> I'm afraid you're right. Hangs again :(

I now have the toolchain set up, so if you want me to try stuff, please let me
know. Resolving this is important to us.

On a whim, I replaced InitializeCriticalSection with
InitializeCriticalSectionAndSpinCount, since MSDN told me that would be
better for SMP. No joy.

jan

Jan de Visser                     jdevisser@digitalfairway.com

                Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!

Сообщение: Re: DB2-style INS/UPD/DEL RETURNING
Сообщение: Re: DB2-style INS/UPD/DEL RETURNING