Re: amazon ec2

От Denis de Bernardy
Тема Re: amazon ec2
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
----- Original Message -----

I've never tested with pgsql, but with mysql it makes a *huge* difference when you're pulling data repeatedly.
Multi-rowlookups can be cached too:

$rows = $cache->get(md5($query . '--' . serialize($args)));

if ( !$rows) {
  // query and cache for a few hours...
}

This is true even with mysql's caching features turned on. You spare the DB from doing identical queries that get
repeatedover and over. Memcache lets you pull those straight from the memory, allowing for the DB server to handle new
queriesexclusively.