Re: amazon ec2

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: amazon ec2
Дата
Re: amazon ec2
Список pgsql-performance
> FWIW, EnterpriseDB's "InfiniCache" provides the same caching benefit. The way that works is when PG goes to evict a
pagefrom shared buffers that page gets compressed and stuffed into a memcache cluster. When PG determines that a given
pageisn't in shared buffers it will then check that memcache cluster before reading the page from disk. This allows you
tocache amounts of data that far exceed the amount of memory you could put in a physical server.

So memcached basically replaces the filesystem?

That sounds cool, but I'm wondering if it's actually a performance
speedup.  Seems like it would only be a benefit for single-row lookups;
any large reads would be a mess.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: Postgres 9.0.4 + Hot Standby + FusionIO Drive + Performance => Query failed ERROR: catalog is missing 1 attribute(s) for relid 172226
От: david@lang.hm
Сообщение: Re: amazon ec2