Re: Possible bug in new VACUUM code

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Possible bug in new VACUUM code
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jan Wieck <janwieck@yahoo.com> writes:
>     I  just stumbled over a very hard to reproduce error. Running
>     a "VACUUM ANALYZE <table>" concurrently to a  database  heavy
>     under  load  caused a SELECT ... FOR UPDATE with full primary
>     key qualification to return multiple results from that table.

Urgh.  But I am not sure that you should be pointing the finger at
VACUUM.  It doesn't move any tuples around (at least not in ctid
terms), so how could it possibly produce multiple tuple images in
another scan?  My early bet is that the problem is not directly
related to VACUUM.

Post as soon as you have any more info ... remember there are lots
of eyeballs out here ...