Re: Autoconf, libpq and replacement function

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Autoconf, libpq and replacement function
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Surely we must *not* be providing our own definitions of these symbols
>> when using a system version of fnmatch.

> That's the define that I reversed in the second patch I sent. It's
> supposed to be ifndef.

Okay.

>> Also, judging from the comments in the autoconf manual, you'd better
>> use AC_FUNC_FNMATCH not just test whether the function exists.

> Ok, will look at switching to that.

Hmm ... actually there's still possibly an issue there: what if the
system provides a broken version of fnmatch?  AC_FUNC_FNMATCH will not
set HAVE_FNMATCH, and then we might end up with #define conflicts
anyway.

Since fnmatch and the #define's are supposed to be provided by
<fnmatch.h>, I think you should probably put the substitute definitions
in a substitute fnmatch.h, not port.h, to avoid that risk.

Сообщение: Re: Autoconf, libpq and replacement function
Сообщение: Re: Autoconf, libpq and replacement function