Re: Autoconf, libpq and replacement function

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Autoconf, libpq and replacement function
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
>>> Also, judging from the comments in the autoconf manual, you'd better
>>> use AC_FUNC_FNMATCH not just test whether the function exists.
>
>> Ok, will look at switching to that.
>
> Hmm ... actually there's still possibly an issue there: what if the
> system provides a broken version of fnmatch?  AC_FUNC_FNMATCH will not
> set HAVE_FNMATCH, and then we might end up with #define conflicts
> anyway.
>
> Since fnmatch and the #define's are supposed to be provided by
> <fnmatch.h>, I think you should probably put the substitute definitions
> in a substitute fnmatch.h, not port.h, to avoid that risk.

Do we have an example where we do that before? I assume there is some
autoconfy way to make that include file only "appear" in the include
path if the system one doesn't exist or is broken?

//Magnus

Сообщение: Re: Autoconf, libpq and replacement function
Сообщение: Re: Autoconf, libpq and replacement function