Re: Add A Glossary

От Jürgen Purtz
Тема Re: Add A Glossary
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 15.05.20 02:00, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Thanks everybody.  I have compiled together all the suggestions and the
> result is in the attached patch.  Some of it is of my own devising.
>
> * I changed "instance", and made "cluster" be mostly a synonym of that.
In my understanding, "instance" and "cluster" should be different
things, not only synonyms. "instance" can be the term for permanently
fluctuating objects (processes and RAM) and "cluster" can denote the
more static objects (directories and files). What do you think? If you
agree, I would create a patch.
> * I removed "global SQL object" and made "SQL object" explain it.
+1., but see the (huge) different spellings in patch.

bloat: changed 'current row' to 'relevant row' because not only the
youngest one is relevant (non-bloat).

data type casts: Are you sure that they are global? In pg_cast
'relisshared' is 'false'.

--

Jürgen Purtz

Вложения

От: Virender Singla
Сообщение: Re: Postgres default FILLFACTOR value
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Add A Glossary