Re: Add A Glossary

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Add A Glossary
Дата
Re: Add A Glossary  (Jürgen Purtz <juergen@purtz.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Thanks everybody.  I have compiled together all the suggestions and the
result is in the attached patch.  Some of it is of my own devising.

* I changed "instance", and made "cluster" be mostly a synonym of that.

* I removed "global SQL object" and made "SQL object" explain it.

* Added definitions for ACID, sequence, bloat, fork, FSM, VM, data page,
  transaction ID, epoch.

* Changed "a SQL" to "an sql" everywhere.

* Sorted alphabetically.

* Removed caps in term names.

I think I should get this pushed, and if there are further suggestions,
they're welcome.

Dim Fontaine and others suggested a number of terms that could be
included; see https://twitter.com/alvherre/status/1246192786287865856

Вложения