Re: Error seen when vacuuming pg_largeobject table

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Error seen when vacuuming pg_largeobject table
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Chris White (cjwhite)" <cjwhite@cisco.com> writes:
> VACUUM: DEBUG sql sql sql DEBUG: Index pg_largeobject_loid_pn_index:
> Pages 14; Tuples 1044: Deleted 232.
> VACUUM: WARNING sql sql sql ERROR: Cannot insert a duplicate key into
> unique index pg_largeobject_loid_pn_index

> When I run postgres with the -P and -O options to reindex the index,
> everything seem to run okay, I see no error messages. However, when I
> restart postmaster and try and do a vacuum again, I get the same error
> messages.

I don't think you can have reindexed the index.  With only 1044 rows in
it, it shouldn't take up more than 3 or 4 pages when freshly created;
certainly not 14.  Are you sure you reindexed in the right database?

If you're sure it's not pilot error, let's see the exact transcript of
what you did with the standalone postgres, and also the exact transcript
(no "sql sql sql") of the failing VACUUM afterwards.  Also, what PG
version is this?