Re: Replace uses of deprecated Python module distutils.sysconfig

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Replace uses of deprecated Python module distutils.sysconfig
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com> writes:
>> On 19.01.22 01:18, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> ... I'm tempted to resurrect the
>>> idea of changing configure's probe order to "python3 python python2"
>>> in the meantime, just so we can see how much of the buildfarm is ready
>>> for that.

>> This seems sensible in any case, given that we have quasi-committed to
>> enforcing Python 3 soon.

> Done.

The early returns are not great: we have about half a dozen machines
so far that are finding python3, and reporting sane-looking Python
include paths, but not finding Python.h.  They're all Linux-oid
machines, so I suppose what is going on is that they have the base
python3 package installed but not python3-dev or local equivalent.

I want to leave that patch in place long enough so we can get a
fairly full survey of which machines are OK and which are not,
but I suppose I'll have to revert it tomorrow or so.  We did
promise the owners a month to adjust their configurations.