Re: [PHP3] Re: PostgreSQL vs Mysql comparison

От Luuk de Boer
Тема Re: [PHP3] Re: PostgreSQL vs Mysql comparison
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 3 Oct 99, at 21:31, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> What do/are the MySQL folks using for test data?  maybe start off with
> what they are using to time MySQL and then look at how PostgreSQL can do
> it, maybe differently?
>
> Is there somewhere where the MySQL benchmarks can be downloaded from,
> including teh data?

The latest benchmark run was done on Postgres 5.1 (place last
week) but I saw that 6.5.2 was already released so hopefully I will
find some time to run the benchmark this week on 6.5.2. The full
benchmark can be found in the source distribution of MySQL.If you
would like to test it you can downloaded the newest version of
mysql (3.23.4) and you will find the benchmark in the sql-bench dir
of it.

maybe we can share the information about how to tune postgresql.
I have looked in the manuals of postgresql and tried to do my best
to get the best performance out of it.
the latest benchmark are done on a cel. 463 mhz with 256 mb ram
and EIDE hd for the program and SCSI-2 for data set.

The test data is also included in the source distribution (partly) the
rest is generated by the benchmark program.

Maybe a year ago I believe we discussed almost the same thing
only then it went about the crash-me test (also included in the
source distribution -> sql-bench).

Greetz...

Luuk

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL vs Mysql comparison
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL vs Mysql comparison