Re: PostgreSQL vs Mysql comparison

От Tonu Samuel
Тема Re: PostgreSQL vs Mysql comparison
Дата
Список pgsql-general
The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> Oh ya, they are sooooo objective, just take a look at their benchmarks to
> see how objective they are.

If you think that these benchmarks are not good enough, you can anytime
alter them and put new bechmarks on the web. Also you can suggest tips
to increase speed of any of any of the benchmark (including Postgres or
MySQL of course). What we have on the web, is best we can do. Of course
some time offset applies.

> they were still using PostgreSQL v6.4.2, which has been dead for almost a
> year now?  By not updating that one thing, its easy to show how bad
> PostgreSQL is in comparision...hell, *we* think PostgreSQL v6.4.2 is bad,
> that's why we don't run it...

What version is better? Bad thing is that we don't know much about it.
If you interested in setting truth, then please help make these
benchmarks more objective. Download all necessary stuff with MySQL
distribution, investigate these benchmarks and make your suggestions. Do
this in public or private depending how do you prefer. Also please run
these benchmarks in your site and if you have some good results, please
post URL for new benchmarks. If you have any questions about MySQL, feel
free to ask.

|             /*/             \*\                Developers Team |