Re: Questions on recovery situations (not urgent)

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: Questions on recovery situations (not urgent)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, 2024-06-10 at 13:41 -0500, Charles Schultz wrote:
> On Wed, May 29, 2024 at 10:05 AM Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> wrote:
> > Did you compress the files?  If yes, you have to uncompress them before feeding them
> > to "pg_waldump".
>
> We do use compression (wal_compression="on"), which looks to default to pglz.
> How might I decompress them? I tried gunzip in several iterations, but no dice.

That will compress full-page images *within* the WAL segment, but not the file
itself.  The file should still have the regular size.

Perhaps your archiver truncated the file somehow.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Сообщение: Re: Questions on recovery situations (not urgent)
Сообщение: Re: Questions on recovery situations (not urgent)