Re: how can I fix my accent issues?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: how can I fix my accent issues?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/11/23 10:54, Igniris Valdivia Baez wrote:
> hello to all, thanks for your answers i've changed the encoding using this:
> ALTER DATABASE testdb
> SET client_encoding = WIN1252;
>
> now when we try to select data from a table we get this error:
>
> ERROR: character with byte sequence 0xe2 0x80 0x8b in encoding "UTF8"
> has no equivalent in encoding "WIN1252" SQL state: 22P05ERROR:
> character with byte sequence 0xe2 0x80 0x8b in encoding "UTF8" has no
> equivalent in encoding "WIN1252" SQL state: 22P05
>
> i want to clarify that the postgres on dev is in a docker environment
> that already have databases in it so we can't change encoding for the
> hole container

You don't have to:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/manage-ag-templatedbs.html

Another common reason for copying template0 instead of template1 is that
new encoding and locale settings can be specified when copying
template0, whereas a copy of template1 must use the same settings it
does. This is because template1 might contain encoding-specific or
locale-specific data, while template0 is known not to.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: how can I fix my accent issues?
Сообщение: Re: how can I fix my accent issues?