Re: getting count for a specific querry

От Bob Henkel
Тема Re: getting count for a specific querry
Дата
Re: getting count for a specific querry  (Scott Marlowe <smarlowe@g2switchworks.com>)
Список pgsql-sql
On Apr 8, 2005 3:23 PM, Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org> wrote:

On Apr 8, 2005, at 3:23 PM, Joel Fradkin wrote:

> I set up the data on 4 10k scsi drives in a powervault and my wal on 2
> 15k
> drives. I am using links to those from the install directory. It
> starts and
> stops ok this way, but maybe it should be different.

Your problem might just be the choice of using a Dell RAID controller.
I have a 1 year old box connected to a 14 disk powervault (PowerEdge
2650) and it is dog slow compared to a dual opteron with 8 disks that
is replacing it.  It is all I/O for me, and the dell's just are not
known for speedy I/O.

Vivek Khera, Ph.D.
+1-301-869-4449 x806

But that is relative I would think.  Is the Dell RAID much faster than my desktop SATA drive with no RAID? I'm by any means as knowledgeable about I/O setup as many of you are but my 2 cents wonders if the Dell RAID is really that much slower than a competitively priced/speced alternative?  Would Joel's problems just fade away if he wasn't using a Dell RAID?

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: getting count for a specific querry
Сообщение: Re: getting count for a specific querry