Re: keeping a timestamp of the last stats reset (for a db, table and function)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: keeping a timestamp of the last stats reset (for a db, table and function)
Дата
Re: keeping a timestamp of the last stats reset (for a db, table and function)  (Jim Nasby <jim@nasby.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tomas Vondra <tv@fuzzy.cz> writes:
> I've done several small changes to the patch, namely

> - added docs for the functions (in SGML)
> - added the same thing for background writer

> So I think now it's 'complete' and I'll add it to the commit fest in a
> few minutes.

Please split this into separate patches for database-level and
table-level tracking, because I think it's highly likely that the latter
will get rejected.  We have had multiple complaints already about the
size of the stats file for databases with many tables.  I don't believe
that it's worth bloating the per-table entries even further with this
information.  Tracking reset time it per-database doesn't seem like a
problem though.