Re: non-exclusive backup cleanup is mildly broken

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: non-exclusive backup cleanup is mildly broken
Дата
Re: non-exclusive backup cleanup is mildly broken  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Perhaps I spoke too soon: I'm not sure whether Michael's comments
> amount to an objection. While I give him a chance to respond, here's
> an updated patch.

Took a quick look.  I agree that this seems a lot cleaner than the
alternative proposals.  I'd suggest however that the header comment
for do_pg_abort_backup could do with more work, perhaps along the
lines of "The odd-looking signature allows this to be registered
directly as a shmem_exit handler".

Personally I'd have kept the handler as a separate function that's just
a one-line wrapper around "void do_pg_abort_backup(bool emit_warning)".
We don't usually treat callbacks as functions to be also called in
their own right.  But if you don't want to do that, I'll settle for an
acknowledgement of the hack in the comment.