Re: BUG #5218: Easy strategic feature requests

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #5218: Easy strategic feature requests
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> I thing so ex-MySQL needs exact DESCRIBE, exact SHOW statement. It is
> some, what they used long time and then they missing it.

You know, if they're not willing to make any adaptations, they're never
really going to make the transition anyhow.  If we provide
bug-compatible versions of SHOW or whatever, people like that will just
move on to complaining about some other difference.

I'm in favor of trying to develop some documentation aimed at helping
new MySQL converts, but I don't think there's much to be gained by
doing more than that.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #5218: Easy strategic feature requests
Сообщение: Re: BUG #5218: Easy strategic feature requests