Re: [Patch] pg_rewind: options to use restore_command fromrecovery.conf or command line

От Alexey Kondratov
Тема Re: [Patch] pg_rewind: options to use restore_command fromrecovery.conf or command line
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2020-03-30 04:56, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 07:47:29AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 06:56:36PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>>> I don't think any such cleanup should hamper the patch at hand
>>> anyway.
>>
>> I don't think either, so I would do the split for the archive routines
>> at least.  It still feels strange to me to have a different routine
>> name for the frontend-side of RestoreArchivedFile().  That's not
>> really consistent with the current practice we have palloc() & co, as
>> well as the sync routines.
>
> Okay.  Hearing nothing, I have rebased the patch set this morning,
> improving some comments and the code format while on it.  I would like
> to commit both 0001 (creation of xlogarchiver.h) and 0002 attached in
> the next couple of days.  If you have an objection, please feel free.

0001:

What do think about adding following sanity check into xlogarchive.c?

+#ifdef FRONTEND
+#error "This file is not expected to be compiled for frontend code"
+#endif

It would prevent someone from adding typedefs and any other common
definitions into xlogarchive.h in the future, leading to the accidental
inclusion of both xlogarchive.h and fe_archive.h in the same time.

0002:

+ */
+int
+RestoreArchivedFile(const char *path, const char *xlogfname,
+                            off_t expectedSize, const char *restoreCommand)
+{

There is a couple of extra tabs IMO.

+extern int    RestoreArchivedFile(const char *path,
+                        const char *xlogfname,
+                        off_t expectedSize,
+                        const char *restoreCommand);

And the same here.

+ * This uses a logic based on "postgres -C" to get the value from
+ * from the cluster.

Repetitive 'from'.

  extractPageMap(const char *datadir, XLogRecPtr startpoint, int
tliIndex,
-               XLogRecPtr endpoint)
+               XLogRecPtr endpoint, const char *restore_command)

Let us use camel case 'restoreCommand' here as in the header for
tidiness.

I have left 0001 intact, but fixed all these small remarks in the 0002.
Please, find it attached.

Regards
--
Alexey Kondratov