Re: Psql meta-command conninfo+

От Imseih (AWS), Sami
Тема Re: Psql meta-command conninfo+
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

>. However,
> I didn't complete item 4. I'm not sure, but I believe that linking it to the documentation
> could confuse the user a bit. I chose to keep the descriptions as they were. However, if
> you have any ideas on how we could outline it, let me know and perhaps we can
> implement it.

That is fair, after spending some time thinking about this, it is better

to make the documentation as crystal clear as possible.

I do have some rewording suggestions for the following fields.

Database:

The database name of the connection.

Authenticated User:

The authenticated database user of the connection.

Socket Directory:

The Unix socket directory of the connection. NULL if host or hostaddr are specified.

Host:

The host name or address of the connection. NULL if a Unix socket is used.

Server Port:

The IP address of the connection. NULL if a Unix socket is used.

Server Address:

The IP address of the host name. NULL if a Unix socket is used.

Client Address:

The IP address of the client connected to this backend. NULL if a Unix socket is used.

Client Port:

The port of the client connected to this backend. NULL if a Unix socket is used.

Backend PID:

The process id of the backend for the connection.

Application name:

<literal>psql<literal> is the default for a psql connection

unless otherwise specified in the <xref linkend="guc-application-name"/>

configuration parameter.

For System User, you should use the full definition here

https://github.com/postgres/postgres/blob/master/doc/src/sgml/func.sgml#L24251-L24259.

The current path is missing the full description.

Regards,

Sami

Сообщение: Re: Statistics Import and Export
Сообщение: Re: Statistics Import and Export