Re: BUG #7756: When upgrading postgis extension get row is too big: size 9272, maximum size 8160

От Paragon Corporation
Тема Re: BUG #7756: When upgrading postgis extension get row is too big: size 9272, maximum size 8160
Дата
Re: BUG #7756: When upgrading postgis extension get row is too big: size 9272, maximum size 8160  (Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Tom,

I think you may have found the problem.

The postgis extension has a big custom WHERE condition used to exclude the
range of spatial_ref_sys records we package postgis from being backed up.

pg_extension seems to hold that value in the extcondition column and for
each upgrade I do adds another array entry.  Though that might be by design
to keep track of previous versions and maybe the designers weren't expecting
someone crazy enough to stuff in a largish where condition :)

So here are the steps to reproduce:

CREATE EXTENSION postgis;

select array_upper(extcondition,1) from pg_extension where extname =
'postgis';

-- returns 1

ALTER EXTENSION postgis UPDATE TO "2.1.0SVNnext";

select array_upper(extcondition,1) from pg_extension where extname =
'postgis';

-- returns 2

ALTER EXTENSION postgis UPDATE TO "2.1.0SVN";

select array_upper(extcondition,1) from pg_extension where extname =
'postgis';

-- returns 3

ALTER EXTENSION postgis UPDATE TO "2.1.0SVNnext";

ERROR:  row is too big: size 9272, maximum size 8160

Andres,

I couldn't get my EDB install to give anything meaningful to back trace, but
same issue happens on my mingw dev install (which is running 9.2.1)
I have the backtrace for that on this ticket:

http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/1959