Re: [HACKERS] Crisp text editor [definitely OT]

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Crisp text editor [definitely OT]
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I have been using MicroEmacs for 9 years, and have been looking for a
> nice X editor.  I looked at Xemacs(too complex to configure), and some
> others, but they did not have the required features.

I dunno about Xemacs, but regular GNU Emacs is no big deal to install;
at least it wasn't last time I did it.  (I have notes from installing
19.34 on HPUX and SunOS, if you want 'em.)  Recent versions do menus,
cut&paste, syntax-driven highlighting, etc.

If you're accustomed to an emacs-clone you probably won't be happy with
anything else.  (But I've been using various flavors of Emacs since
'81, so I may be a tad biased...)