Crisp text editor

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Crisp text editor
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Crisp text editor [definitely OT]  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
I have been using MicroEmacs for 9 years, and have been looking for a
nice X editor.  I looked at Xemacs(too complex to configure), and some
others, but they did not have the required features.  I like a powerful
search/replace, tags support, macro support, as-you-type syntax
colorization with user-definable languages, keyboard recording/playback,
etc.

I found that the commercial Crisp editor from
http://www.vital.com/crisp.htm does exactly what I want.  It has the
perfect balance between power and lean-ness I am looking for.  It is
only $75 for non-commerical use until the end of August for PC's, Linux,
*BSD's.   Support is $100/year.

It is being actively developed by someone in England.  I have found a
few bugs, and they are working on them now.

The license manager sounds very strict for an editor.  For BSDI, it
locks to the BSDI host license id, not the CPU id, which pre-Pentium
III's don't have anyway.  Not sure how the lock a MS Windows PC or
Linux.

Pennsylvania19026