This utility can only upgrade to PostgreSQL version 9.4

От Furlong, Shane
Тема This utility can only upgrade to PostgreSQL version 9.4
Дата
Re: This utility can only upgrade to PostgreSQL version 9.4  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
Список pgsql-general

I am trying to upgrade from PostgreSQL 9.0.22 to 9.4.4.

When I attempt to execute pg_upgrade, I get the following error:

Performing Consistency Checks

-----------------------------

Checking cluster versions

This utility can only upgrade to PostgreSQL version 9.4.

The command I am executing is:

/app/PostgreSQL/9.4/bin/pg_upgrade -b /app/PostgreSQL/9.0/bin -B /app/PostgreSQL/9.4/bin -c -d /pgsql/stip/data9 -D /pgsql/stip/data94

The data directory for 9.4 is a copy of the data directory for 9.0.  I am able to login to the 9.0 data via the 9.0 server and client, so I cannot see how pg_upgrade thinks the data is at a 9.4 level.

The error message is not of much help.  I have tried searching for an article or document that addresses this particular error message to no avail.

Thank you,

Shane Furlong

U.S. Department of Energy

Office of Scientific and Technical Information (OSTI)

(865) 574-9316, Rm 206-1, office

(865) 973-3276 mobile

furlongs@osti.gov