Re: This utility can only upgrade to PostgreSQL version 9.4

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: This utility can only upgrade to PostgreSQL version 9.4
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 07/27/2015 06:48 AM, Furlong, Shane wrote:
> I am trying to upgrade from PostgreSQL 9.0.22 to 9.4.4.
>
> When I attempt to execute pg_upgrade, I get the following error:
>
> *Performing Consistency Checks*
>
> *-----------------------------*
>
> *Checking cluster versions*
>
> *This utility can only upgrade to PostgreSQL version 9.4. *
>
> The command I am executing is:
>
> /app/PostgreSQL/9.4/bin/pg_upgrade -b /app/PostgreSQL/9.0/bin -B
> /app/PostgreSQL/9.4/bin -c -d /pgsql/stip/data9 -D /pgsql/stip/data94
>
> The data directory for 9.4 is a copy of the data directory for 9.0.  I
> am able to login to the 9.0 data via the 9.0 server and client, so I
> cannot see how pg_upgrade thinks the data is at a 9.4 level.

Well there's your problem:) The the new(9.4) data directory needs to
have been created by 9.4. Right now pg_upgrade thinks it is doing a 9.0
to 9.0 upgrade. The error message is not telling you it is at 9.4 but at
a Postgres other then 9.4.

Use the 9.4 initdb or pg_ctl init to create a new data directory that
pg_upgrade can move the 9.0 data to.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com