Re: set archive mode => on

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: set archive mode => on
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> On 4 August 2014 14:46, Sofer, Yuval <Yuval_Sofer@bmc.com> wrote:
>> Is there any way to turn archive mode to on, without restarting Postgres
>> database server?

> Sorry, not currently.
> But it is something we've wanted to add for some time.

The existing compromise on this is that archive_command is separate from
archive_mode, and archive_command *can* be changed on the fly.  So you can
run with archive_mode on and set archive_command to a no-op (I think an
empty string might work, read the docs), if you think you might want to
activate archiving later without restarting.