Re: [ADMIN] Why does the WAL writer sit on completed segments (on Windows)?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Why does the WAL writer sit on completed segments (on Windows)?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> But all our files are opened with (FILE_SHARE_READ | FILE_SHARE_WRITE |
> FILE_SHARE_DELETE). So shouldn't this allow 7zip (or whatever) to open up
> the file, regardless of us holding it open? (Looking at
> https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa363874(v=vs.85).aspx
> at least that's how I read it?)

My understanding of what Christian wrote is that 7zip is using flags
that specifically disallow "sharing".  The flags we use will allow other
programs to open the file(s) with default options, but a program that
is deliberately trying to be the sole user of the file can still notice
our opens.

Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Why does the WAL writer sit on completed segments (on Windows)?
Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Why does the WAL writer sit on completed segments (onWindows)?