Re: Darwin: make check fails with "child process exited with exit code 134"

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Darwin: make check fails with "child process exited with exit code 134"
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Matthias Schmitt <freak002@mmp.lu> writes:
> On 28.10.2013, at 17:22, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> What I find curious is that I can't
>> reproduce this problem on an OS X Mavericks machine here.  You must
>> be using some nondefault compiler switches --- care to tell us what?

> ./configure CC='/usr/bin/gcc-4.2' --prefix=/<my path>/applications/pgsql --with-perl

Hm.  There is no such file as /usr/bin/gcc-4.2 on my machine, in fact
there's no file following such a naming pattern anywhere on the
filesystem.

However, that doesn't seem to be relevant.  Poking at this some more,
I see that the effect of the bit that Andres noticed in string.h is to
#define strncpy as __builtin___strncpy_chk, and *that replacement is
happening on my machine*.  So why don't I see the trap?  I am wondering
if there is some run-time environment test that controls whether the
trap occurs, and you've got an environment variable set that I don't.