geometry poligons performance and index

От giuseppe.derossi@email.it
Тема geometry poligons performance and index
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi
I need to set a query which performs a intersection check between two set of
polygons which are stored into two tables.
I wrote the where instruction so:
where area(intersection(t1.the_geom,t2.the_geom))>0

The results are ok, but the query is too slow. I tried to applay a GIST and
gtree index but performance did not improve.
By explaining the query I see that the where condition gets the query slow.
Is there a more simple way to check if two poligons have a not null
intersection (they overlap)?

Is there a kind of index I can use ?

THanks

Giu

 Sponsor:
 Hai bisogno di contanti per realizzare i tuoi desideri? Prometeo ti propone
prestiti da 1.500 a 31.000 Euro! Clicca qui per un preventivo immediato.
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=6916&d=20070827