Re: How to enable automatic md5 password prompting when connecting to PostgreSQL

От John DeSoi
Тема Re: How to enable automatic md5 password prompting when connecting to PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Tom,

On Mar 11, 2005, at 1:51 AM, Tom Wallick wrote:

> prompt request the password AUTOMATICALLY.
>
> How can I clean/flush out the md5 passwords I
> originally created and start over alter the two user
> accounts 'postgres' and 'tomwallick' to simply have
> regular password athentication. Keep in mind
> 'postgres' account is actually the administrator.
>
> Or is it normal for my database to force me to type in
> the -W flag to force me to enter in my password.

I think what you are seeing is that passwords are not required by
default for local users. You can change this by adding a line to your
pg_hba.conf file (located in the data directory). For example, this
will cause password prompting for all local users of the movies
database:

# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        IP-ADDRESS        IP-MASK
METHOD
local   movies      all                                             md5

After changing this be sure to signal or restart PostgreSQL.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL