tracking down breakins?

От Johnson, Shaunn
Тема tracking down breakins?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Running PostgreSQL 7.2.1 on RedHat Linux 7.2

A similar question to what David Siebert was
asking - I am trying to locate users that are trying
to log in as someone else in PostgreSQL.

I have the postmaster running the debug with level 2
and when I review my logs, I see this:

[snip from logs]

Jan  6 09:11:46 test_srv postgres[30134]: [228919] FATAL 1:  Password
authentication failed for user "Admin"

[/snip from logs]

How can I trace back *who* is trying to log in as 'Admin' and how
can I stop it?  If I run debug on any higher level, the response is
much slower; perhaps there is another way?

Thanks!

-X