Re: Drop foreign keys

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: Drop foreign keys
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 8 Jan 2003, Andreas Schlegel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I created some  references with foreign keys. But now I have to drop
> some of the references. What is the way to do this? Is there a command
> for this? Or have I drop the table  and recreate it?
> Postgres gave the references names like "RI_ConstraintTrigger_494516".
> If there is a way to drop them one by one how do I get the information
> on which foreign key point these Postgres names?
>
> All references are created like this:
> ... constraint tPerson_FK03 foreign key (titel)
>    references tTitel (tnr)
>    ON UPDATE CASCADE ON DELETE RESTRICT ...

What version are you using?
In 7.3, you should be able to say
ALTER TABLE <table> DROP CONSTRAINT tPerson_FK03;

In previous versions, you'll need to manually drop the
three triggers that are created (you can find the correct
triggers by looking for tgconstrname='tPerson_FK03') and
you'll need to double quote the tgname for DROP TRIGGER
commands.