Re: ERROR: missing chunk number 0 for toast value

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ERROR: missing chunk number 0 for toast value
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Is "forcibly detoast everything" a complete no-go?  I realize there
> are performance concerns with that approach, but I'm not sure how
> realistic a worry it actually is.

It's certainly possible to think of scenarios under which it'd be painful,
eg, you fetch all columns into a record but you never actually use the
toasted one(s).  OTOH, I can think of cases where forced detoasting might
save cycles too, if it prevents multiple detoastings on later accesses.

Probably what we ought to do is put together a trial patch and try to
do some benchmarking.  I agree that this is the simplest route to a
fix if we can stand the overhead.

Сообщение: Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc. Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc. Michael Paquier