Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc. Michael Paquier

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc. Michael Paquier
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2014-01-06 09:12:03 -0800, Mark Dilger wrote:
> The reason I was going to all the trouble of creating
> chrooted environments was to be able to replicate
> clusters that have tablespaces.  Not doing so makes
> the test code simpler at the expense of reducing
> test coverage.

> I am using the same binaries.  The chroot directories
> are not "chroot jails".  I'm intentionally bind mounting
> out to all the other directories on the system, except
> the other clusters' data directories and tablespace
> directories.  The purpose of the chroot is to make the
> paths the same on all clusters without the clusters
> clobbering each other.

I don't think the benefit of being able to test tablespaces without
restarts comes even close to offsetting the cost of requiring sudo
permissions and introducing OS dependencies. E.g. there's pretty much no
hope of making this work sensibly on windows.

So I'd just leave out that part.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services