Re: [GENERAL] tuple statistics update

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [GENERAL] tuple statistics update
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom DalPozzo <t.dalpozzo@gmail.com> writes:
>> If your session is just sitting, that's not surprising.  I think stats
>> updates are only transmitted to the collector at transaction end (and
>> even then, only if it's been at least N msec since the last transmission
>> from the current session).

> Hi, my transaction ended, that I waited 1 min and queried the stat.
> I had to wait for session end in order to see the updeted stats.
> Did you mean "...to the collector at SESSION end"?

No, I meant what I said.  No amount of just-sitting will cause a session
to do something: it either transmits stats at transaction end or it
doesn't because it thinks it's too soon since its last update.  If you
want to force out the stats, you could wait a second or so and then
do a dummy transaction (even "select 1" will do, in testing).

BTW, a quick look at the code says the threshold is 500 msec, ie,
stats are sent only if it's been at least half a second since the
session's last report.